Structural Warranty/Latent Defects Insurance
Structural Warranties (also known as Latent defects insurance) will provide cover for the costs of correcting and reinstating a property following damage arising from a defect in the structural design, materials or workmanship, defective waterproofing or drainage, following practical completion.
The cover is normally based on the full re-instatement value of the property and will over costs that have been incurred up to this sum. Cover is normally arranged on a 10 year or 12 year period and we are able to offer warranties that also remove the developer period (normally two years) to offer full risk transfer to the warranty provider for the full term.
Cover is provided for the cost of remedying and rectifying damage arising from an inherent defect in design, workmanship or materials becoming apparent after practical completion. The cover provided is for the costs incurred up to the total sum insured (typically the full re-instatement value of the building).
Benefits of sourcing your Structural Warranty from PMJ Risk Solutions.
- Council of Mortgage Lenders approved
- Cover provided by UK Markets with A rating or full Lloyds backing (no unsecured or unrated offshore markets)
- Cover can apply for 10 or 12 years and include component failure.
- Cover for Contaminated Land (indemnify the homeowner in respect of remediation expenses incurred in treating or isolating or removing any substance from the land)
- Cover for Existing Structures can be included
- Cover also available for conversions / renovations and most projects with significant structural alterations
- Completed developments can be insured subject to specific providers terms and conditions
- Full Technical Audit or Building Control Services Provided
Some additional covers available (subject to provider).
- Additional costs and expenses cover
- Alternative accommodation
- Removal of debris
- Professional fees
- Component Failure
- Mechanical & Electrical Services Cover
At PMJ Risk Solutions we have excellent relationships with many of the UK’s top Warranty providers and you can be sure we will find the best product for you, with a quality and secure market.
Regardless if you are a property developer, house builder or private client looking to do their own Self-Build, PMJ Risk Solutions can source a product that’s, comprehensive and competitively priced, with updates on the process throughout the build process to issue of the final certificates
Please get in touch today to discuss your requirements.
At PMJ Risk Solutions we are ready to assist with all your Structural Warranty Insurance needs
Get In Touch
Please don’t hesitate to contact the PMJ Risk Solutions team to discuss any of your insurance needs.